The National Association of Academic Psychiatry Administrators is a national professional organization founded in 1985 to provide education, professional development and networking opportunities for administrators in academic settings. NAAPA sponsors a Fall educational conference and an annual Spring Conference. Members also receive the NAAPA News newsletter and have opportunities to post questions to the list-serve. NAAPA also collects and reports benchmarking data on a variety of topics.
The National Association of Academic Psychiatry Administrators is dedicated to the improvement of mental health care delivery, education and research through professional management in departments of psychiatry which are affiliated with academic medical centers.
- To provide direction and organizational development through a strategic planning process;
- To promote cooperation, understanding and fellowship within the membership and with those who have related interests;
- To provide educational opportunities and membership development through the use of conferences, programs, and available technological mediums;
- To provide mechanisms for the gathering, analysis, and distribution of information pertaining to the field of administration (benchmarking), and in the process, promote best practices of professional management in meeting our teaching, research, and clinical missions;
- Implement strategic collaboration with other national organizations who have related interests and to provide strong governance and leadership for our organization.
A full strategic plan is available to NAAPA membership here (log-in required).